Sunday 1 August 2010

I'm a Virgin.....

I'm a virgin.

No really, i am.
Don't laugh, I'm a blogger virgin! so this is my first post & i may make some laughable mistakes but bear with me on this as i aim to get better (i hope).
So, here i am on a dull, cool Sunday morning, sat on my sofa watching the news. No1 daughter is up in our loft room issuing challenges to me to find her. Whilst No2. daughter dozes in her bouncy chair. His nibs is still in bed.....typical!

I am debating on whether or not to put on a pot of coffee, while E who is almost 6 wanders around amidst her challenges claiming we must all pray, night & day. Apparently she is God this morning. Wrapped in a yellow duvet pinched from her sisters cot she bellows in a rather deep voice that we must all pray & do as she says...hmmmmm..... not sure about that one. This is quite possibly an excuse to assert her bossyness upon us all.

I also need to get my thinking cap on about the new business that i am about to start. After several years of running my own catering business i need to re-think the logistics of this.
Tamerin Bakery sounds good, not as grand as it sounds. After starting out having a stall at a farmers market & working my up to having a catering trailer that we took out to fairs & festivals it is now not feasible for me to do this. 1, it takes a huge amount of my time. 2, it takes me away from my family too often. This is not ideal when we are now in full throe of Home Schooling.

So, the plan is a business where i can work from home, that does not take me away from the family for any length of time but enables me to utilise my skills, my list of business contacts & make some money in the process.
I gave some thought to selling Eco cleaning/beauty products. That thought did not last long, thankfully.
Hence, Kiki Cupcake-Handmade Organic Childrens Clothes has been born.
The plan is to make quality organic clothes using british suppliers. Simple designs, with little or no impact on the world around us. Whilst still making your little cherub look good.
I am now in the process of sourcing organic fabric. I need to sell my trailer and re-invest that money into buying an overlocker and possibly a new sewing machine along with fabric, trimmings,thread etc...
Try and get a website designed & built & all the usual bits that go along with this. Exciting times ahead.
I also need to look at getting booked onto Christmas fairs & fetes & other craft-y places.
Watch this space............

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland :-) your clothes business sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new business, I look forward to hearing more about it :o)

    Love the image of a little yellow-cloaked
    God(dess?)wandering around asserting her authority - perfect for a Sunday morning!!

    Kara x

    ReplyDelete